Company: Lighthouse Professional Services
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Lighthouse Professional Services, -a -division of Staffing 360
Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and
direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small
businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. -Our
offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we
work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting
teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in
excellent working partnerships, powered by people.We are currently
seeking a Purchasing Specialist -in -Yonkers, NY.Position Summary
and Special Duties: -Purchasing and delivery coordination for
Purchasing procurement items, fabricationitems and raw materials
might be required.Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for purchasing items, including
fabrication, raw material and coordinating delivery schedules,
which include, but are not limited to:
- Issuing request for Quotations
- Negotiating price, delivery, and quality
- Preparing comparison sheet in price, delivery, and quality
- Vendor evaluation/selection
- Making price and delivery control sheet
- Expediting material delivery to meet KRC/KHI/KMM production
- Coordinating FAI or PSI, etc., together with QA Department
- Monitoring receipt of incoming materials
- Issuing Purchase Order by using company computer system(s)
- Monitoring and reviewing invoices prior to report to upper
management of Purchasing Department
- Investigating discrepancies between invoices and receiving
- Disposal of rejected/damaged/shortage material.
- Interface between Purchasing Department and other
- Participates in monitoring the movement of routine and/or
- through the order processing, production, purchasing, ship, and
- Determines realistic shipping schedules.
- Coordinates inbound and outbound truck shipments.
- Prepares and maintains basic reports.
- Analyzes supplier capability.
- Identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps
to solve them in situations where the problem is not difficult or
- Works effectively with managers, supervisors, and employees to
facilitate clear communication among all departments.
- Performs Data Entry.
- Files and maintains accurate records/documents for the
- Prepares payment requests.
- Understands and executes SAP system transactions to achieve
manufacturing plants material availability requirements.Job
- Must have more than three (3) years' experience in railroad or
- Must be knowledgeable of manufacturing processes and be able to
read and understand engineering design drawings.
- Must have strong and problem-solving and communication skills,
both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to work with others, function as part of
a team and maintain good.
- working relationship with other departments. Customer
- Must have good computer skills and be able to work with EXCEL,
WORD, company computer system(s), etc.
- Must be able to competently work in SAP in regard to
understanding MRP system demand requirements, i.e.: assess the
current situation. -DETAILS: -Duration: -Direct HireLocation:
-Yonkers, NY.Salary: -$71,735Qualified candidates are encouraged to
apply immediately!Please include a clean copy of your resume and
salary expectations and any references.
Keywords: Lighthouse Professional Services, Yonkers , Purchasing Specialist, Other , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!