Posted on: May 13, 2022
Microbiology Research Technician Onsite at Montvale NJ 1+ Year
contract with possibility of conversion.
- Conduct routine and complex tests on samples being responsible
for Microbiome Management Science Platform, supporting virology and
- Assist on development of instrumental protocols and laboratory
methods for the preparation and analysis of biological samples
derived from serum, dust, laundry, porous and non-porous materials,
nasal respiratory swabs and others.
- Perform microscopical examination of the samples and document
results using GLP guidelines. Perform quality control procedures
and implementation of new equipment, such as qPCR, micro-plate
readers, autoclave, bioanalyzer, maintain chemical and reagents
logbooks for reagents, and write standard operating procedures
(SOP).Qualifications and experience:
- BS/MS in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a
- 2+ years (With BS degree), or no experience (with MS degree) of
laboratory experience with focus on microbiology. This position
requires to spend the majority of his/her time working onsite in
- Excellent bench skills with meticulous attention to detail and
aseptic techniques, preparation of standard solutions, media,
buffers, formulations etc.
- Experience culturing virus and bacteria from complex samples
such as soil or feces is a plus.
- Experience in making formulations is not required but will be
- Proficient in bacterial aerobic and anaerobic metabolism,
testing and evaluation is desired but not required.
- Hands-on anaerobic culturing experience is desired but not
- Proficient in standard routine Microbiology / Virology
practice, such as lab calculations, media preparation, maintaining
cell lines, virus stocks, monitoring incubators in a timely manner
for contamination. In addition, bacterial and fungal culturing
knowledge would be a plus.
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques such as DNA
extraction, PCR, qPCR, NGS DNA library prep and sequencing
knowledge is desirable but not mandatory.
- Comfortable executing experimental design, data interpretation,
and working with pathogenic microorganisms.
- Analytical, passion for problem solving and "making things
- Demonstrated independent thought and judgment in experimental
design and analysis, method development and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Team player with positive attitude and flexible hands-on
Keywords: Experis, Yonkers , Research Technician, Professions , Montvale, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!