Functional Test Technician
Company: Protech Solutions
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Protech Business Solutions is seeking a Function Test Technician
for our client, a leading manufacturer of rolling stock (from
express and commuter trains to locomotives, freight cars,
monorails, and new transit systems).
The Function Test Technician Performs all aspects of work on rail
cars - this includes all electrical and mechanical
trouble-shooting, repairs, modifications and any other duties
requested by their supervisor.
The technician will perform test procedures on some the following
systems: HVAC, Brakes, Propulsion, Communications systems, Toilet
systems, Trainline systems, Sign systems, Automatic train control
systems, general functional tests, Hipotential tests, Wining
Continuity Tests, Pneumatic Leakage Tests, Dynamic Tests, Burn-in
Must have, at a minimum, the following:
- Previous work experience in the electrical or mechanical testing
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and understand blue-prints and mechanical
- Proficiency with all basic hand tools
- Ability to use a multi-meter
- Must be proficient with the English measurement system and be
able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified
amount of time.
- Capable of working under pressure with specific deadlines
- Able to work flexible hours, any shift,
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and able to lift, push, or
pull a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Comfortable working in a rail yard environment.
- Willing to travel on business trips or field assignments.
- Familiar with MS office applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical school or associates
in the engineering field preferred.
- Background and drug screen required
Position is Temp to Hire
Keywords: Protech Solutions, Yonkers , Functional Test Technician, Professions , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!