Senior Systems Analyst - Cyber Security
Company: Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses
Posted on: May 14, 2022
WHO WE AREFor nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions (CES),
Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) have been
leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services.
Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a
wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the
nation's largest investor-owned energy companies. The CEB are the
second largest owner of solar electric generating projects in the
United States and 7th largest globally. The CEB have assets in
excess of $6 billion and revenue in excess of $1 billion.
WHY WORK FOR USWe offer great career opportunities and are able to
check some of your boxes including:
- Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar
energy producers in North America
- Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon
- Collaborate on a dynamic team of high performing
- Create and improve on our renewable innovation
- Obtain a customized career path
- Obtain a competitive compensation package
- Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
- Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
- Participate in social causes
ABOUT THE POSITIONCon Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), Inc. is
a wholly-owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. Con Edison
Clean Energy Businesses, Inc., through its three main subsidiaries
(Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison
Energy), develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy
infrastructure assets and provides energy-related products and
services to wholesale and retail customers.
And as we continue to grow, CEB is seeking to hire a Senior Systems
Analyst - Networking. The Senior Systems Analyst - Networking is
responsible for designing, implementing and managing the local and
wide area networks to ensure maximum uptime for data flows and
operations. The Senior Systems Analyst - Networking will initiate
the efforts, lead internal IT and work with cross-functional teams
as required, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and monitor
and control all project activity throughout the project life-cycle.
Additional responsibilities may include working on all aspects of
new network integration as well as vendor systems implementations:
Planning, Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Design,
Development, Testing, Training, Implementation, and on-ongoing
Technical Support. This individual will work on the on-going
enhancement and technical support of the existing IT application
portfolio. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day IT
administrative tasks, problem solving, and issue
- Project work: As assigned, the Senior Systems Analyst
-Networking, whether independently or as a team lead or team
member, implement secure technology solutions to meet specific
architected designs or implement enhancements to current solutions
in place that would result in more secure or improved risk exposure
in conjunction with better or faster performance, cheaper overall
cost or provide additional features and functions that would
benefit our user community.
- Developmental work: Research and develop new and innovative
network initiatives to address current and future business needs
while maintaining or enhancing our overall security posture. These
solutions should be well thought out; properly documented and
should be in line with the overall technology and security
- Operational work: The Senior Systems Analyst -Networking will
have support responsibilities and will be required to help in
resolving critical issues as they arise or as assigned by their
lead. They will also review our network infrastructure and make
recommendations to improve and advance our support and response
- Administrative work: Develop, maintain and track reports,
documentation and proposals relating to the network infrastructure
and related items under the group's responsibility with special
focus on the security component of each.
- Other work: Complete other tasks and functions that may be
required of you to perform in relation to the network group's area
of expertise and responsibility.QualificationsEducation:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree, with a minimum
of 2 years relevant experience.
- Associates Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree with
a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Technical Certification in IT technologies; with a minimum of 5
years relevant experience.
- High School Diploma/GED with work experience in relevant field
required; with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Associate Degree or B.S preferred.
- 2-5 + years for work experience supporting networking
infrastructure for medium to large enterprises.
- Experience with common networking vendor platforms (Cisco,
- Industry vendor certifications preferred (Cisco, Palo,
- Advanced working experience with local and wide area transport
environments (MPLS, DMVPN, SSL-VPN, IPSEC, GRE).
- Advanced working experience with IP routing in large
enterprises (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, route redistribution).
- Strong, planning, design and implementation skills in an
- Proficient in troubleshooting resources such as Wireshark,
Solarwinds, Cisco Prime and Netflow.
- Strong attention to detail in analytical assessments,
experience in developing and maintaining high quality
- Solid experience with designing, evaluating and deploying
network security solutions for outbound, inbound and lateral
- Working experience with NAC solutions (Cisco ISE, Fortinet
FortiNAC) preferred but not required.
- Experience with VPN solutions (Juniper, Cisco, Fortigate)
preferred but not required.
- Highly desired working experience with Fortinet Fortimanager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently or in a group.
- Highly flexible and open to new ideas.
- Detail oriented and self-motivated individual.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to learn new technologies as required for the job using
documentation and other available resources.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities
while meeting deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work off hours as required to install
product upgrades, support production problems and other corporate
We offer a very competitive salary with annual target bonus, 401k
plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous
time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan, excellent
Tuition Aid Program and a collaborative working environment in a
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal
opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice
its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job
classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship,
eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to
receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company
Keywords: Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, Yonkers , Senior Systems Analyst - Cyber Security, Professions , Valhalla, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!