Administrative Support Associate VI - Hospital Billing & Claims Analyst
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Department/Unit:Patient Billing ServiceWork Shift:Day (United
States of America)Entry level hospital billing and claims
- High school diploma or GED is required. AAS degree is
- Knowledge in billing codes and EDI requirements.
- Knowledge of electronic claims processing and edits.
- Excellent decision-making skills, detail oriented, and have the
ability to submit factual, timely and compelling appeal letters to
payors regarding payment variances and denials.
- Able to communicate effectively and successfully with team
members, providers, contractors, payors, and their Leadership group
daily. Able to successfully balance the demands of a wide range of
duties when given general direction, based upon standards,
policies, and procedures.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Use of payor websites for eligibility verification.
- Work with payors to resolve underpayments, overpayments,
rejections & denials.
- Reviewing and replying to correspondence relating to the
outstanding receivables and identifying and/or escalating billing
issues to their manager in a timely manner.Thank you for your
interest in Albany Med!Please be aware for the safety and security
of our colleagues and patients all new employees are required to
successfully complete all applicable federal, State and
institutionally mandated pre-employment screening requirements
- Relevant Background Check(s)
- Drug Screen
- PPD / Tuberculosis Test
- Reference Check
- Applicable vaccinationsAlbany Med is an equal opportunity
employer.This role may require access to information considered
sensitive to Albany Med, its patients, affiliates, and partners,
including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and
other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes.
Workforce members are expected to ensure that:Access to information
is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum necessary to
properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not
exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an
intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med
policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is
adequately protected from unauthorized access and
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Yonkers , Administrative Support Associate VI - Hospital Billing & Claims Analyst, Professions , Yonkers, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!