Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: Pace Packaging LLC
Posted on: November 20, 2022
At ProMach, we're looking for people who want to shine. You'll
have opportunities to take your career in the direction you desire.
You can be creative. Strategic. Persuasive. Influential.
Meticulous. A technical enthusiast. A closer. A futurist.
ProMach offers rewarding, challenging opportunities throughout the
world, across multiple packaging segments. If you are energized by
providing best-in-class customer experiences and strive for
advanced technical skills, we want to talk to you.
Food, beverage, household chemical, pharmaceutical, and personal
care product manufacturers across the globe in 90+ countries rely
on Pace solutions to deliver pure performance, from automated
bottle unscramblers and bottle orientors to complete conveyor
cleaning systems. As part of the ProMach Filling & Capping business
line, Pace helps our packaging customers protect and grow the
reputation and trust of their consumers.
Do we have your attention? -Keep reading.
Pace is looking for a Senior Electrical Controls Engineer to
design, program, and test the electrical control systems for
packaging machinery, specifically focused around bottle
unscrambling and orienting.
Does this work interest you?
- Review Customer Scope documents to determine controls
requirements, electrical component requirements, and wiring
- Assist sales and estimating with design requirements and
- Create Electrical Schematic Design, including creation of
standards for Schematics
- Creation of Bills of Material
- Create Panel Layouts
- Knowledge and experience with PLC capability, programming and
HMI Programming for
- Allen Bradley Micro
- Compact Logix
- Siemens S7
- Motion Control including Servo control
- Motor control with VFDs
- Fieldbus Communications
- Safety PLCs and relays
- CE and UL electrical requirements
- Creation of documentation and training materials
- Determine and design Network architecture
- Sourcing components
- Lead programmers and wiring personnel
- Troubleshooting wiring, PLC code and machine functionality
The position will require minimal travel (historically less than 5%
per year) to customer locations to oversee installation and
commissioning of the machines, as well as provide in-house and
on-site technical training for other employees and customers.
What's in it for you? -
There's no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can
advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment
that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a
company where people choose to build a career and find professional
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you
receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your
salary, comprehensive medical/dental and well-being programs, as
well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a
retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we
understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting
period for benefits - you are eligible on your first day of
If this sounds like you, we want to connect!
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, a technical field
or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of proven controls application, preferably in
the packaging machinery industry or similar.
- Solid mechanical, electrical and software interface
- Proficient in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD electrical design
- PLC programming experience preferably Allen-Bradley software
(required) and Siemens (suggested).
- Experience and working knowledge of machine control & data
acquisition systems including I/O hardware, field devices &
- Understanding of HMI design principles.
- Experience in Network design and support.
- Strong understanding of the principles of testing and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team including sales,
marketing, engineering, and field services.
- Detail and process oriented with excellent time management
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of the fastest growing
private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce
innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence,
and actively acquire new capabilities. -
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a
large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a
small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working
with a growing company that competes globally, with the personal
touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact
every day. -
Curious about life at ProMach? -Follow us on -, -, and -! -
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify
to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the
United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace. - -
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
- 15 year(s): Proven Controls Appllication EducationRequired
- Bachelors or better in Electrical EngineeringSkillsRequired
- Solid Works
- PLC Programming (Allen Bradley)BehaviorsRequired
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
Keywords: Pace Packaging LLC, Yonkers , Senior Electrical Controls Engineer, Professions , Norwood, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!