Mailroom/Receiving Clerk, Senior
Company: New York Medical College
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Overview:The Lead Mailroom Clerk organizes and delegates daily
operations within the mailroom, assists with the collection,
sorting and delivery of all mail and packages, and performs other
duties as required.Responsibilities:
- Organizes and delegates work to the mailroom clerks on a daily
basis. Establishes schedules for the timely delivery and pick up of
mail and packages, phone coverage, etc. Provides technical
direction as necessary.
- Receives/collects and sorts mail and carrier deliveries for
distribution. Delivers mail to all designated areas across campus.
Processes and sends outgoing mail utilizing postal procedures.
Correctly identifies and processes all return and miscellaneous
mail according to procedures. Processes and dispatches outgoing
mail. May handle outgoing mail by wrapping, classifying, weighing
and determining postal rates. Prepare and process courier
shipments, including, but not limited to, UPS and FedEx.
- Researches and follows up with customers regarding tracking
mail and/or packages, and with technical questions.
- Tracks incoming mail volumes and maintains all logs as
required. Provides weekly statistics and summary reports for the
supervising Manager. Maintains and administers records on postage
expenditures and costs and any other required records.
- Monitors and maintains supply levels. Ensures that all
equipment is working and is in good condition.
- Assists in the training of new staff as needed. Coaches other
clerks under the direction of the supervising Manager.
- Assures that safety and security protocols are followed at all
times, escalating any issues directly to Management
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete initial and subsequent refresher DOT
HAZMAT training as well as IATA training and subsequent refresher
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and QTrack required.
Must possess the ability to be trained to use other software
programs needed in the performance of mail processing duties. Must
be able to operate all equipment required for mailroom
- 2+ years mailroom operations experience preferred.Physical &
- Standing for extended periods of time, extensive walking,
lifting. Must be able to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and
frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 75
pounds.Minimum Salary:USD $49,053.07/Yr.Maximum Salary:USD
Keywords: New York Medical College, Yonkers , Mailroom/Receiving Clerk, Senior, Professions , Valhalla, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...